I absolutely love sweet treats, they are my ultimate weakness! Most of the sweet things that I love either contain gluten or dairy (or both!!) which is so annoying! Thankfully there seems to be a few places in Dubai which now offer gluten free, vegan dessert options! This is great but it can be pricy to buy these things and I also like to have something sweet in the house for emergencies so it’s time for me to start making my own!
My friend came to visit from New Zealand with her she brought super yummy Raw Energy Snackaballs by Tom and Luke; Salted Caramel and Cacao, Mint and Almond. I tried to make them last as long as I could but they are just too good! I have used the Salted Caramel Snackaballs as my inspiration to make these Salted Caramel bites and I am so happy with how they turned out. Next time I think I will add a little bit more salt as I love that salty caramel flavour! These are so easy to make and you can make a batch and keep then in a Tupperware in the fridge for 5-7 days!
¾ cup cashews
¼ cup unshelled sunflower seeds
1 cup dates
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
Shredded coconut for rolling
- Put the cashews and sunflower seeds into the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the dates and the salt and process until the mixture starts to stick together. It should stick together when pressed but not be overly sticky. If it is too sticky add more nuts.
- Spoon out heaped teaspoon amounts of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Roll in the shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate until firm and store in the fridge.
Enjoy your guilt free treats!!